Adult Psychiatry, Conditions & Treatments – Brain Health USA
The Department of Psychiatry at Brain Health USA has actually provided high-quality mental health as well as drug abuse solutions for adults considering that 1943.
As part of among the biggest psychiatry programs in the nation, our skilled psychiatrists, psychologists, specialists, as well as other treatment suppliers carry out thorough analyses and provide the most recent therapies for individuals that need inpatient and also outpatient care.
Compassionate Mental Health Care for Adults
Behavioral health disorders affect about one in five American grownups, according to the Substance Abuse and also Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Although a number of these disorders are common and also can be significant, they are treatable– and also recuperation is feasible.
Behavioral health disorders consist of psychological health as well as substance use disorders:
- Mental health disorders cause adjustments in an individual’s state of mind, thinking, or habits. They influence exactly how well individuals operate in relating to others and also choosing in school, work, or house life. Psychological health disorders can take place once, return intermittently, or proceed gradually.
- Substance use disorders establish when continued alcohol or substance abuse considerably harms a person’s ability to work well at work, school, or residence. These disorders can be light, modest, or serious and can trigger health problems or special needs.
Our knowledgeable behavior health specialists, consisting of board-certified psychoanalysts, offer secure, efficient treatment for adults who have psychological health as well as substance use disorders. Individuals involve Brain Health USA for several reasons:
- Treatment based on the latest research study: Our medical professional scientists take part in research studies sponsored by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), staying at the center of behavior health care.
- Expert take care of all sorts of behavioral health disorders: Our teams treat countless individuals each year. This high volume boosts our expertise and also experience in giving excellent care for our patients.
- Accessibility to the latest therapies: By taking part in medical tests, our medical professionals can use individuals access to advanced treatments that aren’t widely offered.
- Integrated care: Our behavioral health group approaches mental health therapy from a biopsychosocial viewpoint, usually working with the individual’s treatment group– such as specialists and also oncologists– to boost well-being.
Along with offering psychiatric treatment at Brain Health USA, we delight in to use expert assessment to neighborhood mental health providers as well as their clients.
People looking for an examination at the Multispecialty Psychiatry Clinic should have their existing mental health supplier send out a recommendation. As soon as a referral has actually been received, call 214-645-8300 to arrange the appointment.
Conditions We Treat
At Brain Health USA, our psychiatrists, psychologists, and also various other behavioral health specialists supply professional, compassionate care for a vast array of disorders:
When faced with a difficult life occasion, such as the fatality of a liked one or a separation, people can have problem dealing. Several symptoms of a change disorder are similar to those of depression or anxiety, such as lack of interest, feelings of sadness, extreme despair, or anxiousness.
Anxiety, phobias, and also panic disorders
Everyone concerns every so often, however when anxiety aggravates over time and does not go away, it can affect an individual’s capability to accomplish day-to-day tasks. This group of disorders consists of panic attack, anxieties, trauma (PTSD), and generalised anxiety disorder.
Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
ADHD describes a consistent pattern of negligence, hyperactivity, and/or impulsivity that hinders an individual’s functioning or development. Symptoms include very easy diversion, failure to pay attention or focus, and also problem following instructions or finishing tasks. Although ADHD can be identified during a person’s teenager or adult years, the problem typically begins in youth.
Formerly known as manic depression, bipolar disorder causes state of mind modifications that are unusually severe. Signs of a manic episode include rapid talking, simple interruption, as well as impulsive, high-risk actions.
This typical condition can trigger sensations of despondence and extreme sadness for greater than simply a few days. Depression can last for months or weeks, influencing an individual’s capability to work at home, work, or college. Other signs consist of loss of rate of interest in favorite activities, cravings changes, troubles with sleep, fatigue, and also thoughts of self-destruction.
Periodic lapse of memory is regular, specifically as people age. Amnesia that hinders an individual’s capability to perform day-to-day tasks can be an indicator of depression, moderate cognitive impairment, Alzheimer’s condition, or one more kind of mental deterioration. It’s crucial to see a physician who concentrates on geriatric psychiatry for a complete evaluation to dismiss various other feasible causes of amnesia, such as another health condition or reaction to a medicine. Find out more about the treatment we offer memory disorders.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
OCD is an anxiety disorder in which unmanageable, reoccuring ideas (fixations) develop feelings of pain and also uneasiness that lead to repetitive actions (obsessions) in an effort to control the thoughts. Signs and symptoms include too much hand-washing, recurring checking, counting, as well as arranging points in a specific means.
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Some individuals create PTSD after experiencing a stressful event, such as sexual or physical misuse, war, fatality of an enjoyed one, or a significant crash. Signs and symptoms of this disorder include invasive memories such as nightmares or flashbacks, evasion of things related to the occasion, and an exaggerated startle reaction. Not everyone who experiences trauma creates PTSD, but the problem can be diagnosed if signs continue for at least one month.
This significant, chronic health problem affects a person’s ability to believe plainly, handle feelings, make decisions, and connect to others. Signs include hallucinations, misconceptions, difficulty revealing emotions, as well as trouble refining information. Although schizophrenia has no cure, its signs can be handled with treatment and life-management methods.
Therapy for Adults with Behavioral Health Disorders.
Our researchers and also medical professionals work together to translate our advanced research right into evidence-based practices for client care. Via these advancements, we offer effective treatment to help our individuals boost their general performance and also quality of life.
At Brain Health USA, the Division of Psychiatry offers outpatient services for individuals who experience troubles with work as well as connections or that have symptoms such as depression or anxiety. Our healing methods consist of, but are not restricted to:.
- Psychotherapy (household, person, or group).
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).
- Mindfulness training or various other complementary and also alternative medicine (CAM) treatments.
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS).
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT).
- Esketamine therapy.
For people who need even more extensive behavioral health care, we offer inpatient like stabilize symptoms, boost well-being, and bring back functional abilities to aid clients return to their daily activities. Learn more about inpatient psychiatry at Brain Health USA.
Our neuropsychologists collaborate with clients’ primary care physicians as well as various other medical professionals at Brain Health USA to evaluate brain function in individuals with neurological problems or numerous mental diseases. This screening can assist rule or diagnose out cognitive problems related to Alzheimer’s condition and also various other conditions impacting the brain. Learn more concerning our neuropsychology program.
Our Neurocognitive and also Geriatric Psychiatry Program offers extensive examination and also treatment of cognitive as well as age-related problems. Our group consists of experts in psychology, neuropsychology, as well as psychiatry, as well as the participation of various other subspecialty services when shown.
We give care for a broad variety of conditions, such as disorders of state of mind, behavior, and also believed procedure arising from Alzheimer’s illness, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, brain injury, or various other neurocognitive disorders. We also specialize in the care of older adults who are experiencing psychological health signs and symptoms associated with maturing or memory.
Our specialists trained in kid and also adolescent psychiatry supply outpatient, day treatment, and inpatient care through our partnership with Children’s Medical Center Dallas. Discover more concerning the Children’s Health Psychiatry Program.
Support Services for Behavioral Health.
Our behavior health experts are devoted to caring for the whole individual– mind, body, as well as spirit. With a concentrate on quality of life, we aid attach clients and also their households with support groups and also various other sources that can be customized to satisfy their particular demands. Learn even more regarding encouraging services available for psychiatry and also psychology individuals.
Professional Trials in Psychiatry.
The Division of Psychiatry sponsors study programs in a number of locations of behavior health, such as:.
- Bipolar affective disorder.
- Household research studies.
Strick reminder from Brain Health USA to seek a doctor’s advice in addition to using this app and before making any medical decisions.
Read our previous blog here: https://brainhealthusa.com/telemedicine-in-psychiatry-top-5-benefits-brain-health-usa/.
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. https://dsm.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed April 8, 2019.
- Dual diagnosis. National Alliance on Mental Illness. https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-Conditions/Related-Conditions/Dual-Diagnosis. Accessed April 8, 2019.
- Practice Guidelines for the Psychiatric Evaluation of Adults. 3rd ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://psychiatryonline.org. Accessed April 1, 2019.
- Understanding psychotherapy and how it works. American Psychological Association. https://www.apa.org/helpcenter/understanding-psychotherapy. Accessed April 1, 2019.
- Asher GN, et al. Complementary therapies for mental health disorders. Medical Clinics of North America. 2017;101:847.
- Complementary health approaches. National Alliance on Mental Illness. https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Treatment/Complementary-Health-Approaches. Accessed April 4, 2019.
- Warning signs of mental illness. American Psychiatric Association. https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/warning-signs-of-mental-illness. Accessed April 4, 2019.
- Helping a loved one cope with mental illness. American Psychiatric Association. https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/helping-a-loved-one-cope-with-a-mental-illness. Accessed April 4, 2019.
- What is mental illness? American Psychiatric Association. https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/what-is-mental-illness. Accessed April 4, 2019.
- For friends and family members. MentalHealth.gov. https://www.mentalhealth.gov/talk/friends-family-members. Accessed April 4, 2019.